A large hose selection in the industry means that there is a hose to suit your application:
- Compact and super-flexible hoses for easy routing
- Large selection of four- and six-wire spiral hoses for high-pressure impulse applications
- Tough Cover and Super Tough Cover hoses for the toughest environments
- Great selection of inner tube materials to match different media
To find out the hose size, check the layline. If the original printing has worn off, the original hose must be cut and the inside diameter measured. Be sure to measure the overall assembly length and fitting orientation before cutting the hose.
Before selecting a hose, it is important to consider how the hose assembly will be used. Here's a few questions to consider::
- What type of equipment is the hose going to be used on?
- What environmental factors will the hose be exposed to?
- Will the routing be confined?
- Are mechanical loads applied to the assembly?
- Is there a need to use field attachable fittings?
- Will the assembly be subjected to abrasion?
Specific applications often require specific hoses. For example, applications where hoses will encounter rubbing or abrasive surfaces would best be handled by our family of abrasion-resistant hoses with either Tough or Super Tough covers.
When application space is tight, bend radius is another important consideration. We offer a full line of hoses designed for one-half SAE bend radius at full SAE-rated pressures. Our Compact™ hoses’ increased flexibility and smaller outer diameter allows faster and easier routing in small spaces.
Industry standards set specific requirements concerning construction type, size, tolerances, burst pressure, and impulse cycles of hoses. Our hydraulic hoses meet or exceed standards such as:
- SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers)
- EN (European Norm)
- ISO (International for Standardization Organization)
- DIN (Deutsche Institute fur Normung)
Governmental agencies control additional standards for particular industries such as the United States Coast Guard and the American Bureau of Shipping. You must select a hose that meets the legal requirements as well as the functional requirements of your application.
Hose and hose fittings series must be correctly matched. Using any fittings other than those specifically designated by the hose manufacturer for use with each specific hose can lead to hose assembly failure. Hose assembly failures have lead to damage, injury and death.